Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Introduction to Trevor


Sometimes the muse comes to you. And sometimes, you have to go the muse, club her over the head and drag her back to your cave by the hair. It’s a tenuous relationship.

Anyway, the muse has been striking me a bit more as of late (yes, she has her own club… and it’s glittered), so I thought I’d take the opportunity to start a fresh blog. Since Facebook isn’t as accommodating to notes as it used to be I figured I’d move my writing elsewhere and make it something a little more publically accessible. If you like what you read, be sure to send your friends here to join the fun.

I’ll be discussing the things that interest me, like pop culture, technology and surviving as a bachelor in a culture that expects you to married with two kids by the time you’re my age. Hopefully we can have some fun discussions here, so that this isn’t just a platform for my ramblings.

If you just stumbled on here and have no idea who I am, let me introduce myself. My name is Trevor. I’m in my late 20’s. There’s a war going on inside me for my musical tastes being waged by a 14 year old girl and a 20-something guy. Consequently, I listen to about as much Ke$ha and Kelly Clarkson as I do Bob Dylan and Foo Fighters. I’m an aspiring (but not perspiring) novelist, who, like most great artists, self-medicates more than he makes art. My drug of choice is coffee, and I make the best.

So that’s me.  This is my blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Trevor, I don't expect you to be married with two kids. Paul spent his entire life single, he was highly productive for the Lord and basically can claim he composed approx 1/3 of the new testament by himself. That's impressive. The teacher in me sees is a highly talented young man who is choosing to settle for a mediocre existence rather than exploring his talents and allowing God to fulfill his deepest desires. I am not trying to be cruel or insensitive, I simply hate seeing God given talents go to waste. I encourage you to publish your works, submit your ideas, demand to be noticed. It may require a lot of rejection, but it only takes one publisher saying yes to get into the club. Keep writing and never look back. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blog. Hopefully your muse will convince you to write write write! Maybe you can do me a favor and have your muse tell my muse to come back to me... I think my muse doesn't like my scenery.

    Anyhow, looking forward to reading here!

    ReplyDelete